To illustrate TPA’s willingness to support legitimate projects we offer the following examples:
- TPA in collaboration with a local citizen’s committee, has taken the lead in supporting the construction of a new hospital and related uses on county lands just north of Easton. Due to the tremendous economic benefits of our hospital, TPA has supported amendments to our local comprehensive plans to accommodate this important project.
- TPA supported the construction of the Lowes store at its new location within the town utilizing public water and sewer, rather than in a cornfield well outside of town.
- TPA supported the Easton Village residential development once we were assured that several features were added in accordance with the precepts of our comprehensive plans. Due to TPA’s efforts this project has better storm water management, a 300 foot setback from the waters edge, a waterfront park, smaller pier, and 138 less houses than originally proposed, which would have overburdened nearby intersections.
- TPA supported the Waterside Village (this land had been annexed and zoned commercial 17 years ago) shopping center once we were assured that several features were added in accordance with our comprehensive plans. TPA secured an agreement with the developer preserving 55 acres of land which will be part of Easton’s “greenbelt”.
- TPA supports quality infill projects within Easton’s town limits such as the redevelopment of the town’s retail core and residential development where appropriate.